Preparing for Promos
Promos are (mostly) released on a Friday at 6pm UK Time. These promos usually run during the same time each year such as Futmas in December. Therefore we can prepare in advance and afterwards to make coins from this!
Before the Promo
- Do your research (check predictions and previous events to see what type of cards are picked and how the market is affected)
- As the hype builds, this also creates panic on the market. Therefore it is best to sell your cards before others do in advance to avoid losing coins on them.
- Invest in cards that will be needed for any SBC content that may come
- Be as liquid as possible to enable you to pick up any cards that have significantly dropped in price
During the Promo
- Lightning rounds create supply and it is a lot easier to buy cards on bids and snipes. Therefore I recommend start doing this after 7pm, 8pm and 9pm after each lightning round has finished as this increases the chance of getting some deals!
- Remember lightning rounds create a coin injection onto the market as people sell what they’ve packed to upgrade their teams. Therefore I recommend start buying before everyone else does as prices go up really quickly from this as it’s still Weekend League and people will buy back their teams after panicking prior to the event
- This is the perfect time to use the BID SPOT function on the DEALFINDER you can set a custom price for a card your bidding on and simply sell once the price rebounds.
How Promo’s affect the market
Teams will get sold prior to the Promo as people want coins available to buy the new cards that are released. In most cases the top players are not affordable by most therefore they end up buying their teams back as they need them for Weekend League.
The market always follows these patterns:
- goes Low as people sell their teams from panic and hype
- Recovers as people open packs and more coins come onto the market
- goes High as people buy their teams back or make upgrades
In the graph below you can see the market reacting to TOTY which is one of the biggest Promos in the FUT Calendar where people save up packs and spend lots on Fifa Points for this event. The market goes really low from people selling off from Weekend League in preparation to think they can afford these new TOTY cards. The vast majority of Fifa players cannot afford these cards, therefore the coin injection from packs helps the market to recover as people use those coins to upgrade their existing teams which in turn enables the market to recover and then go higher as time progresses.
Related to this: