What are Headliners?
These are a selection of players who are currently performing well. In order to have a chance of being selected the player must already have at least ONE performance based in-form and must not have an existing dynamic image item (TOTY item or a base card rated 90 or above). However Neymar got one in Fifa 20 who had a 92 rated base card so anything is possible.
When do Headliners get upgraded?
If the player received an upgrade if they receive an in-form, MOTM, Hero, Record Breaker and TOTGS.
In Fifa 20 the team needed to win 4 games in a row in order for the player to receive a one time only upgrade. However in Fifa 21 it is rumoured that only 3 consecutive wins are required. This has been identified by the card design icon at the top.
This is the Fifa 20 design as you can see there are 4 lines which meant 4 wins was required for an upgrade.
Below is the Fifa 21 design which was tweeted out by Fut Watch on Twitter. As you can see there are only 3 lines which means 3 wins are required for an upgrade.
What to expect during the Headliners Promo?
- Promo packs in store
- Team selection – in packs (In Fifa 20 we got 2 teams, whether that happens in Fifa 21 is unknown
- Player objective(s)
- Player SBC(s)
- Puzzle SBC(s)
- Potential Flashback / Moments SBC
Fifa 20 Team Selection – Team 1
Fifa 20 Team Selection – Team 2
As you can see the Teams included some really desirable players and this is done on purpose to help sell packs (not that EA need to as people will buy them anyway!)
How to prepare and make coins?
- 84+ Fodder (be mindful they are very inflated because of the two Party Bag SBCs). Also depends on how well priced the SBCs are to see if they can inflate the prices
- Fodder IFs as these will be required for the player SBCS
- Out of pack investments – buy the base card of the player(s) who get into the squad. (see below example of Varane Gold card) Just be mindful this Promo was after TOTY in Fifa 20 so the rise may not be as significant
- Substitute investments – Buying the players previous special cards as they will drop in price from the release of the new card but will rebound as the Headliners card will be way more expensive due to them being Live cards with Dynamic images. Also buying any other substitute investments of players in the same position, league that also drop from the release of the new cards. For example in Fifa 20 Varane had a Headliner and his previous specials rose in price because his Headliner card was double the price! (see below graph) Just be mindful this was directly after TOTY, so the rise may not be as significant!
- Link investments – This usually works better with cards that have few links and are affordable.
- Do a club stock of silvers and golds from popular nations and leagues. The daily SBCs will inflate some of them so this enables you to make some extra coins!